Summertime is a good time to work on cooking skills with our children or students. While bar-b-ques might be a little overwhelming, there's no reason our kids can't enjoy summer-fare meals prepared in a safer way.
Follow this link to watch the free video modeling the steps to making a hot dog, or use the plan laid out here:
Microwave hot dogs and beans can form the basis of a fun and enjoyable meal and give students the satisfaction of doing it themselves. Try these easy steps:
1) Place a hot dog in a hot dog bun.
2) Put it on a full-sized paper towel so that the towel forms a diamond-shape around the hot dog.
3) Fold the bottom corner over the hot dog and continue folding and rolling like you would for a burrito.
4) Put on a microwave-safe dish.
5) Microwave on high for 30 seconds. (Be careful! It will be hot.)
1) Put beans in a microwave-safe bowl and cover.
2) Microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes depending on oven.
Add a little fresh summer fruit and you have a great summer meal!